Thursday, October 21, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

The worst thing about being an English Yankee is that I grew up with being exposed to some of my favorite foods/drinks etc and now living in America I don't have access to them anymore. When I was a child, I used to visit America quite a bit, and there were foods which I tried out in the USA which I liked and I often brought them back to the UK. Here's a list of some of my favorite foods/drinks and where they come from:

America:
  • Macaroni and cheese
  • Fruit roll-ups (don't really eat those anymore though)
  • Lemonade (my new favorite - although they may have something similar in England) 
  • Ice cube gum 
  • Panera Bread (ironically I used to hate bread, although I still do kind of, but I like warm toasted sandwiches yum)
  • Taco Bell



England:
  • Ribena (regular not low sugar yuck)
  • Custard
  • Hula hoops (crisps or chips for my USA peeps)
  • Prawn cocktail crisps, quavers, and basically all the varieties of crisps lol
  • Lucozade (although after an incident of bursting this everywhere, needless to say, i didn't take any of these back in my suitcase)
  • My ultimate number 1: Lift lemon tea (I love this stuff so much)
  • Cadbury's chocolate (you can get some of these here for a higher price, but not all varieties) 
  • All Indian sweets (well maybe just the green one)
  • Paan
  • Sour cola bottles and cherry cola bottles - yum
  • Barcardi breezers
  • All the weird ice cream and yogurts they make relating to cadbury's chocolate
In summary - its probably a good thing I don't live in the UK anymore with all that junk food I like lol - I'd be as big as a house by now!!!



1 comment:

  1. what is Taco Bell...i hear it on American sit coms all the time hehe!

    ReplyDelete