Thursday, October 28, 2010

How many different ways do you do it?

As a somewhat continuation or sequel to a previous post I had written about technology, I just took a moment to realize how many different methods I use to communicate to various people all over the world. How many different ways are there - well the answer is probably infinite because right now while I am typing this blog, I'm sure the i phone people and the blackberry people and whoever are coming up with a new app or a new way for people to stay connected.

Here's how I do it:
Regular text messages
Phone calls
Instant messenger app on my phone (hotmail, yahoo, g talk, skype, and even facebook chat)
Skype app - can call people in England and talk to them. I can't do video chat when I call from my phone but at least I can talk to them
Text free app - can text people for free (only in the US)
Textplus - another app where I can text people for free (only in the US)
What'sapp - can text people in London from my phone without any extra costs
Text n drive lite - this app can read my my e-mails while I drive
Dragon dictation - can speak and this app will write down what i am saying so i can just press one button and it will send the words as a text that i have spoken
Twitter
Facebook - can get updates on my phone as they arrive.
E-mail - updates every hour



So I certainly have limited experience with other applications on other phones. But when it comes down to it, there is a lot of ways to communicate with all the people I want to, and definitely no excuse not to.

What it comes down to - as BT says 'its good to talk.'

No comments:

Post a Comment