Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Being a PA and other stories

From childhood I've known I've always wanted to be in the health care field due to my experience in hospitals as a child. At one point - all I ever wanted to do was be a doctor.
I didn't know about anything else. But after my Bachelors degree I was working at a health care clinic and I came across a physician assistant  (PA) student. We talked at length, and after significant research - I decided that this is really what I wanted to do.
I asked my cousin and some friends in England about PA's and they said that they really didn't know any or know anything about the profession. True - to their word, it seems like there were no physician assistants in England. They have started using nurse practitioners but that's it. :( Which means if I ever wanted to move to London, I would have a hard time finding a job. I hope in the future England and more countries bring in Physician Assistants because they are so useful to health care, and beneficial to patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment