Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lets throw that away

Since my nieces were born in America, they obviously have more 'American' in their blood than 'British' But my sister and I (especially me) occasionally pepper our speech with some English-isms and of course they catch on to this since they are super smart lol.  
For example, I often use the word 'rubbish' rather than 'trash' or ask her if she can put something in the bin, rather than saying trash can.
Rubbish (English) = trash (American)
Bin (English) = Trash can (American)

About a year ago, as we were waiting on my sister to finish feeding the little one, my oldest neice who was 2 at the time and I decided to take a walk. So I took her in her stroller (buggie) to the dollar store. As we walked in, she asked me in a really loud voice 'what's all this rubbish?'
As quick as I could I reversed the stroller out of there hoping no-one heard. I guess it was my fault for teaching her 'rubbish' lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment