Saturday, April 16, 2011

Coke no ice please

What's the deal with ice? Growing up in the UK I was never used to ice. Never had ice with my water or in my drinks. On the few occasions when the waiter asked if I wanted ice I declined because it seemed like the drink was watered down with the addition of the ice.



In the US you have to specifically state when ordering a drink that you DO NOT want ice because otherwise you will get ice. And sometimes when you do request no ice, you still get it ANYWAY. I hate ice in my drink, what's the deal with that anyway. It waters down whatever it is you choose. I guess if the drink has been kept out and is really hot, you may need ice to cool it down but otherwise if the drink is cool, I'll take it without ice.

'coke, no ice please'

No comments:

Post a Comment